Note: This coming week’s Bible Study will be on Psalms 119: 1-8
Aleph, as the first letter, can symbolize the primacy of God and the beginning of wisdom. It’s often associated with the teaching that understanding and wisdom begin with a knowledge and respect for God and His commandments.
Psalms 119:1-2 NAS Blessed are those whose way is blameless, Who walk in the Law of the Lord.  Blessed are those who comply with His testimonies, And seek Him with all their heart.
The Word of God (21–27).
- The Word gives us spiritual birth (v. 18; 1 Pet. 1:22–23).
- It is like seed planted in the heart that produces spiritual fruit (v. 21).
- It is a mirror that helps us examine ourselves (vv. 23–25) and cleanse our lives.
- We must do the Word of God, not just read it or study it; the blessing is in the doing.
“He is already halfway to failure who considers the truth and does not do it. Truth is given, not to be contemplated, but to be done.” F. W. Robertson
James 1:22-25 NIV
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
Keeps us blameless
- Psalms 119:11 NIV I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Guides our decisions
- Psalms 119:105 NIV Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
Leads to Success
- Joshua 1:7-8 NIV “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.
Reveals ourselves to us
- Hebrews 4:12 NIV For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Counsels / Guides us back on track
- John 14:26 NIV But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
- Joshua 1:8 NIV Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.