Romans 8:28 NIV And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Prayer is not getting man’s will done in heaven.
- Prayer is getting God’s will done on Earth.
- Prayer says I need you God.
- I’m inviting you into my life
Parents desire their children
- They do not reward discord
- They withhold and at time discipline until conflict is resolved
Likewise, our Heavenly Father desires His children to Love one another
1 John 3:23 NIV And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
1 John 4:13-16, 19-21 NIV 13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
- 2 Timothy 1:6-7 NIV For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
- 1 John 1:6-7 NIV If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
19 We love because he first loved us.
- John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
- Romans 12:9-13 NIVLove must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Be devoted to one another in love.
- Honor one another above yourselves.
- Never be lacking in zeal,
- but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.