Cooperation (4–16). You are part of the body of Christ with a ministry to fulfill, so do your part lovingly and joyfully.
Romans 12:9-13 NIV 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Fervor– intense and passionate feeling
- Ephesians 4:29-32 NIV Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16, 18 NIV
- Rejoice always,
- Pray continually,
- Give thanks in all circumstances;
- for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.